Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In the Mean Time...

Our first couple of days back in London involved a couple of 'field' trips with my sister as tour guide.  

The Monday was a Bank Holiday in England and we knew anywhere we headed would be busy...and we weren't half wrong.  We made our way to Greenwich via Canary Wharf.  The 'light rail' system was down so we had to catch a bus (much to Monet's delight) from Canary Wharf.


(Did you spot the Traffic Light Tree?)

A walk 'under' the Thames was in order (There is a big pedestrian tunnel that joins the north and south sides of the Thames together, underneath the Thames.  Amazing.)  Literally every man and his dog were at Greenwich that afternoon, which was understandable because it is a lovely little corner of London with some cute (but busy) pubs, some wide open spaces on the border of both eastern and western hemispheres and the weather was pleasant!


When we visited back in 2000 we had lunch in the first pub in the eastern hemisphere.  This time we had lunch in the first pub in the western hemisphere.  


I remember my meal here was delicious and the pint I had too was refreshing...  

We spent the afternoon wandering around Greenwich (it really is lovely) and making our way back 'under' the Thames, back on a bus to Canary Wharf.  Here we visited a lovely trendy bar with so many beers on tap it was hard to choose which one to sample!  I do remember though the 'head' on our chosen pints because I took a photo of it!


Looks like ice-cream!!

We were simply exhausted when we got back to our hotel but we had, had a lovely day exploring that part of London.  


More London to come...
Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Kiki said...

You crack me up with your beer shots!!!

Anonymous said...

You do take lots of beer shots. This one definitely looks like an ice cream...

Unknown said...

I can´t belive that you look so relaxed with children in London - tell me your secrets.....

Bobkat said...

That is such a lovely family photo. I have never visited Greenwich but I understand from everyone that it is simply lovely. That photo of Monet about to do a forward roll is great. It looks like she had great fun!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I soooo enjoy your posts about London....! As I think I've said before, I LOVED Lndon the two times I've been there and over two years ago I posted a lot of my Lobdon Pictures and my Cotswolds Pictures....So, for me, I cannot get enough of Lobdon and your point of view and experience. I truly look forward to MORE!!!! LOL!

Julie said...

Reading your London posts makes me feel homesick...... Lived in Cheltenham before moving to NZ, but spent lot's of lovely weekends wandering round the big city. Did you get to Greenwich market??? Also lived in a huge house in London pre-children with hubby and about 100 other people (or so it seemed...!) That beer shot is making me thirsty...off to the fridge!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I think you should publish the beer atlas of the world!