Lyndon and I enjoy a good meal. If the food we've eaten is tasty, then you'll be guaranteed that we'll be talking about it in the days/weeks to follow.
We are *still* talking about the fancy French Restaurant we visited in Chiswick, London over six weeks ago. It didn't matter that it was pricey because we are still getting mileage out of it. *drool*... It had even recently been rewarded a Michelin Star so that is saying something...
Our old friend, now London resident, J loves good food too and knew that Lyndon and I would enjoy a meal at La Trompette. Click here to see their website and view their menu for the month.
Our meal was so good...I started off with a Potato and Leek soup, followed by slow cooked shoulder of lamb on creamy mash (I have never seen or eaten mash like it before) with spring vegetables and ended it with a Creme brulee with hints of rhubarb and ginger served with pistachio madelines. The servings weren't big but they were very fulfilling.
With help from the Master Sommelier we started off with a glass of brut each, followed by a delicious Austrian Red and then a dessert wine each.
Lyndon is not a 'sweet' dessert kind of person so he opted to choose a cheese platter to finish his meal. The Head Honcho of Cheese presented this platter for Lyndon to choose from...
There were some really stinky ones on there, which all went down very well with the dry crackers in the center of the table....
The bill made us take huge gulps of air (over 70 quid each - J gave me the receipt for a souvenir!) I even took home the menu as each night the menu changes. (I asked permission so I didn't 'steal' it!) We have got good mileage out of that restaurant.
I just emailed Lyndon the link asking him to book a table for our 12th anniversary of being together, that is coming up!
I wish. Boy, do I wish!!
14 comments:
Oh wow!
Apparently on Food Safari last week, they were in France (it took 2 weeks) and did mash the French way - very, very smooth!
If you wait until your 12th wedding anniversary for another dinner there, you'll have plenty of time to save up!
Sounds yummy. What a great idea- asking for the menu.!
Mmmmmm!!!!
Wow...70 quid!!!! Sounds like it was worth it, yummy. That red wine looks soooo good.....X
They have to charge that much so they can afford to reprint the menus each day!
MAN!! That sounds wonderful!
T & I hope to go to this restaurant at some point.
£70 a head is actually very reasonable when you compare the prices of pub grub in Chiswick -- you can pay up to £20 for a main. Throw in a dessert and a few drinks and it soon gets very expensive!!
That cheese platter! Oh, man. Looks mouthwatering.
(But, what? No beer?)
Y'know, my mouth was watering just reading about this. The creme brulee sounds delicious! The best meal I ever had was in Thornbury Castle and cost £90 each but it was fantastic and a half!
Another comment from me....just to say that I have completed my 'meme', finally! X
I got your meme done today!
oh God, dare I click on that menu ??
If there's a good 2nd to eating out fine dingin style, it's reading a mouth-watering online menu. YUM !
I feel the same way about food and restaurants! B and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary on Monday, and we went to a fantastic restaurant by us and really splurged. They also print a new menu each day, and I also asked if I could take mine home with me! I had to - it had our wedding date on it. :)
Post a Comment