Because I know it has been cool in parts of this great country of ours, I thought I would show off with the Far North Queensland, gorgeous weather we had over the weekend.
Saturday was a pearler of a day.
Monet and I spent a while at our local park. She was desperate to ride her bike after a week of rainy weather...
Nothing like keeping your child happy. (And letting her wear what she wants from her wardrobe. I hope you like what she was wearing as she wears similar clothing each day. As soon as she gets up she's in her wardrobe choosing clothes and dressing herself. Sometimes I just have to smile at her - she says she likes being colourful. You're telling me!)
We spent a good while feeding the fish in the pond in the park. There are some huge suckers in that water and hundreds of tiny little fish who enjoy the bread we break up and throw in the water. Obviously this was to the displeasure of the group of four teenagers (two couples) who were probably wishing we'd disappear so they could snuggle up to each other! *snigger snigger* They left the pond before we did, after being rather destructive by throwing loose cobblestones into the water. *Urgh*
With the clear blue skies and sun shining it made me grateful that the day was like it was. Sometimes you tend to forget that the weather up here in Cairns CAN be gorgeous as you tend to forget when all you can see is grey.
11 comments:
Gorgeous - we have had whole hours of that between the fog, overcast skies, rain and evening!
Glad to see Monet's style - 'Salina still follows that policy at 8, although the whole "you might get cold" thing doesn't get through to her if she thinks sleeveless is more stylish.
How is it today? We're seeing nothing but grey and rain here today. I still have washing on the line from yesterday! bugger...
We did have beautiful skies on teh weekend.
Bloody raining today and oh-so grey.... *sigh*
It was gorgeous here too, we're very lucky to have such great winter weather aren't we?!!
You've got to love a burst of winter sun .. and as for being colourful ? Bring it on - she looks great !
Blue skies? What would they be?
Haven't seen them for a while around these parts.
We've had huge rain these last few days. I know I'm supposed to be pleased, but sheesh, rain sucks.
Gorgeous - and cute pics too!
It was sunny here today but only 19C - brrrrrr, way too cold for me. It did snow down south over the weekend though.
There is nothing quite like a blue sky to make you feel good and a day in the park feeding the fish is a perfect way to spend some time :)
What a beautiful day...! And I LOVE that Monet has such definite tastes...It's really wonderful that she knows what she likes and puts it all together! I LOVE what she has on in these pictures!
What a darling litt;e girl your Monet is, my dear Melody....
Oh my goodness I think that M looks adorable, you should see my T some days, the clothes that she chooses are really scary. Like red spotty wellies, green skirt, pyjama top, pink tights....seriously unusual style, but gotta love it! X
She is such a funky monkey. And by god, how tall is she??
Post a Comment