Sunday, August 17, 2008

Answer

Well, those of you who were waiting patiently of where we are moving to, here is your answer...


(Sorry, not the clearest of maps)

The United Arab Emirates and no, not Dubai.  We are moving to the capital of the Emirates, Abu Dhabi, the richest city in the world (believe it or not!). 

We're excited.  I hope you are too!  

We are 99% certain we are going, we're just waiting for the promised 'offer' to arrive via email this coming week if all goes smoothly.  I'm so very proud of Lyndon and really of ourselves, for following a dream that is (finally) becoming a reality.  

It will be a move that we have mentally prepared ourselves for over the past nine months.  That was when we considered the job opportunities over there and applied for said job.  His interview was way back in the first week of April and yes, it has taken that long for him to get a definite answer.  It has been a long (long, long) road and story too (you honestly wouldn't read about what we've been through).  

Fingers crossed the offer comes through soon.  

You know I'll let you know.  

24 comments:

Star said...

Mine are crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

OOooh, I'd be worried about jinxing it. I ***never*** even tell people I've gone for the interview unless it comes off. And yes, there's been many, many interviews I've attended that you've never heard about!! Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed it all comes off!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about it.

LBA said...

My God - how good was my guess ?!?!

Freaky.
Do I win a prize ? ;p

( P.S. - your sister and I sound like me and mine - like Kim, I never tell a soul about anything until it's done .. and my sister tells the world ASAP :)

Melody said...

Oh we know that there is an offer with Lyndon's name on it. Have a few emails by the people that matter saying it is coming. Just a matter of 'when' it arrives.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, big difference between Brisbane and Abu Dhabi! Good luck!

Ms Mac said...

Fantastic! What an adventure. All my appendages are crossed!

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a fabulous adventure if it comes off - fingers crossed for you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how exciting!

Fingers crossed, and good luck! :-)

Red Dirt Mummy said...

How exciting! And what a fantastic adventure for you all.

Hope your email arrives soon and the planning can begin for real!

Unknown said...

Well at least you are moving closer in the direction towards me. And you will become an ex-pat as well. Is Lyndon a TESOL teacher? As there are so many on my course from Australia. Congrats.

Anyway, I have also memed you (I always felt funny writing this)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really will get to introduce us to a whole new place! I just finished reading the Wiki page. I think your site will be very interesting for some time to come.

Kiki said...

I am over the moon happy for you, as always.

Stomper Girl said...

Fingers crossed it all comes off. Wow. What a big thing.

Bobkat said...

I guessed :) I really hope you get that email soon so that you can start making plans and look ahead. It feels like a start of an adventure for you all. How exciting!

jeanie said...

Oh wow - very different from Brisbane, no doubt!!!

Good luck.

Stacey said...

Wow, Abu Dhabi is definitely not Brisbane!
I too am in the camp of don't tell people until its done.
I didn't even tell my parents I was pregnant until it was patently obvious.

Unknown said...

Wow, you two don't do things in half measures do you?!

I'm very excited for you, when will the big move be?

I'll email soon.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh my...that is a big move! And what a great opportunity to broaden your horizons, have new experiences and...of course...blog about it all!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Fingers and toes and legs and arms and eyes, are crossed, ny dear...!

Very very exciting!

Anonymous said...

My sister just moved to Qatar a little to the left of where you are going she was scared but is slowly getting to love it... keep us posted...i would love to do something like that with my family soonish... so let us know how you go

Deana said...

I would be scared but I am always afraid people in certain parts of the world will hate me because I am American. You're lucky you don't have enemies! I hope it works out and I cannot wait to see the pictures you get. I can only imagine the beautiful things in that city.

MissyBoo said...

Oh wow! How fantastic! I lived in Abu Dhabi for 4 years. I frequently contemplate going back, but single motherhood holds me back. We'll be there for a holiday in November.

I hope it comes off, you will have a great time.

Anonymous said...

How fascinating....picks from Abu Dabi - how cool will that be?!