Friday, October 17, 2008

All. Systems. Go...


We're cracking open a bottle of Moet tonight.  Oh how we've been waiting to drink it again.

And why should we be drinking that lovely champagne?  Lyndon's work visa came through last night!!!  

*Melody drops to the floor*

For the past six weeks (since he first applied), we've been checking the emails religiously.  Every hour.  Waiting to see an email from the new company with the subject line 'Your Visa'.  It was I who checked the inbox last night and just about collapsed to the floor.  

So it is all systems go here.  We've signed up with a real estate agent to lease this place out (it'll be on the internet next week!!), the removal company are ready to come and pack our gear on Wednesday and we'll be leaving Cairns late next week, heading to Victoria to stay and visit with family and friends.  Lyndon will be out of the country in a couple of weeks time (Monet and I are to follow a few weeks later).  As I said, it is all systems go around here.

We must have felt it in our blood yesterday as Lyndon and I lashed out and bought a new suitcase each.  A notarised document we've been waiting to arrive from the UAE embassy arrived yesterday via the post.  (The notarised document lets Monet and I to be sponsored by Lyndon when we arrive.)

It has taken a very long time to arrive to this point.  It has taken over 10 months from the initial application form until now.  Now it is all systems go.  

I need space to breathe.  I need to sip and enjoy that Moet!!  We've deserved it, to say the least.  Gee, what a year so far and the year isn't out yet....

17 comments:

Kiki said...

I just about had some little tears of joy for you!! How bloody exciting Melody, this is a great post to read first up this morning for me. Congratualtions again, sip that fizz very slowly won't you - how about buying just one more bottle and you can have one each ha ha ha ha. Enjoy - you sure do deserve this.

M said...

Fabulous news. I look forward to hearing about the UAE very soon!

MissyBoo said...

Fantastic news! I am so very happy for you all, but sad we are going to miss you in Abu Dhabi by a couple of weeks! I bet you enjoyed your Moet

jeanie said...

That is great news!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

CONGRATS My Dear....I know you must both be relieved to finally have that so needed Visa! And to know that "ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO"...Finally! Very Very Exciting! And I know it is a lot of work packing up and evrything but now that you know This Is It....You can get everything into place ASAP.
I lift a Virtual Glass Of Bubbly To You All....!

Anonymous said...

All good things come to those who wait. Good luck with your hectic few weeks ahead!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

YAY! Fab news, Melody. Tell you what, I'll open a bottle and have a drink or two for you tonight too!

Louise said...

Yippy for you!! How terribly exciting!

Ms Mac said...

Cheers, Melody!

Marie said...

Congrats & good luck while you head off on your new adventure!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting! :-)

Star said...

Wonderful news. You are taking us along on the adventure, right?

Melody said...

Star - I won't be leaving without you all!

Imageo said...

It's been a long time coming ! Great news.

Alison said...

Ohh! How exciting!!
Congratulations to all of you :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh yay! I think I'll have a glass or two of the bubbly myself for you...any excuse for a champagne!

You'll have such great stories to tell. Can't wait.

Bobkat said...

Great news! I suspect the Met is long gone by now but I sure hope you enjoyed it as you deserved it! :)

So npow it's all systems go. What an adventure you're setting out on. I must admit part of me is quite jealous but actually I'm just chuffed for you all.