Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hammer (& Nail) Time


We are having a good clean up around here today.  I'm toiling in the kitchen - wiping out cupboards, cleaning all dishes etc., whilst Lyndon is clearing out the dead plants on the balcony from their lovely huge ceramic pots.  We have a lot of tenants living here we didn't know about, both in the kitchen and in those outdoor pots.  (Can't believe I slept soundly knowing there was a baby gecko lurking in the lounge too last night!)

It is break time here.  'Kid shows' are on the telly and Lyndon has gone down(?)/up(?)/across to Bunnings with a list as long as his arm.  

Friday's night 'gig' for Lyndon was great.  Everyone turned up and a great meal was had by all.  The restaurant owner was very pleased we were all there.  I imagine the bill at the end of the night was quite big.  

Here is Miss Monet and I ready to go out on Friday night (gee two photos of me in the last few days!  What's going on??)...  Notice the new dress for Miss and my new bangle?  *grin*


See those smiles?  Well, mine anyway.  They are genuine.  Can't believe that the ball is rolling with Lyndon finishing up work, with real estate agents we have chosen for the management of this property and the removal company pencilled in from our quotes we sent to the Lyndon's new employers - we could be out of here before we know it!  

*scared*
*excited*

And because any excuse will do, last night the three of us went out for tea and had a lovely meal.  We got 10% off the total bill price, just by mentioning we were locals.  No proof of ID needed either.  Email me if you want the name of the restaurant.  *wink wink* ;-)

Guess I better get back to it.  This place doesn't clean itself you know.

7 comments:

jeanie said...

oooh how excitement!!!

The only thing we get if we mention "local" at certain establishments here is a drawn out look down the nose.

It seems those who do prefer the scent of imported money.

Those who don't get to enjoy the whiff of cash of our friends who visit and want recommendations, though - smart restaurant owners should ALWAYS be nice to locals.

Ms Mac said...

It really is exciting! How can you sleep at all?

(Although, if I remember back to when we moved to Switzerland, I was knackered all the time and slept soundly every time I hit the hay!)

Anonymous said...

Great excitment in the bls home. Your smile says it all.

Kiki said...

Woman!!! Look at how brown you are! You really do look happy, what a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Every time I move to a new country I have mixed feelings, too - excitement and trepidation. They tend to follow me even onto the plane or train!

Once I arrive and I'm surrounded by new sights and smells, the excitement usually takes over. :-)

MissyBoo said...

All systems go, over at your place :-)

I love Monet's smile, but have to agree yours is way more genuine looking!

LBA said...

dude, how's your tan ?

I was just baulking at my young boy's *whiteness* the other day ... ugh ... too long in long pants :)

Very exciting times !!