Thursday, October 09, 2008

No Tripod Needed.


Lyndon had to go into work last night for an hour, so Monet and I went in with him and wandered around the Marina/Lagoon area of Cairns.  It might be the last opportunity I have to visit Cairns at night and I wanted some 'night shots' (and a Baskin Robbins ice cream!...mmmmm...any excuse I swear!)

(Click on any image to enlarge)




Monet had a great time paddling around the shallow end of the lagoon.  The water wasn't tempting enough to go 'right in' but if I had of given Monet the opportunity to do so, she would have!


I'm not sure which I enjoyed most.  The ice cream (strawberry cheesecake in a waffle cone - yes, it was delicious) or taking some night shots?  I'm still thinking that one over.

7 comments:

Bobkat said...

Cool! (And I'm not referring to the ice cream! LoL!) I really love the first shot, the relfections of the light in the water are fab.

BTW - that ice-cream sounds delicious and now guess what I want and it's 12:30 at night here!

Can it really be 6 months since we met up? It really doesn't seem that long ago!

jeanie said...

Gorgeous shots there!!! That lagoon does look very inviting.

Delane said...

Wonderful photos. I'll miss Cairns but look forward to seeing another part of the world through your lens.

M said...

I think the Cairns lagoon is just fabulous, such a great hang-out for the city. Your night shots are great.

MissyBoo said...

I'm just thinking of all the photos you will be posting from Abu Dhabi.

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. I especially like the third one. Looks very atmospheric.

I love taking night shots, too. Everything always looks so different when the sky is black and the lights are on, right?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL shots, Melody...!

I cannot believe you have a Baskin-Robbins there in Australia! You know they started right here in California....And...The Baskins were neighbors of Betty Garrett and her Husband, Larry Parks...!
I knew this was a Big Big Business, but I had no idea it was right there in your town, too!
DELIGHTFUL!