Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Coat and a Jab


I've been sorting through my old wardrobe here at my parent's house.  I have been finding lots of things long forgotten about including this little number, modeled by our own beautiful four year old Miss Monet...



The winter jacket was actually worn by me, when I was four.  I think my Grandmother had bought it for me, to wear on those cold, winter days when I went to Kindergarten.  (Well, Monet won't be wearing that when she goes to Kindergarten now will she?)  It is in rather perfect nick and if we were residing in Victoria permanently she'd be wearing it now.  


Monet thought it was rather wonderful to be wearing her mum's 31 year old coat.  I wonder what else I might dig up in that wardrobe?  (Plenty of junk waiting to be piffed no doubt!)

In other news I had three jabs in my arms yesterday.  My right arm was so sore last night I couldn't lift it.  I had a bad night sleep, due to being not able to sleep on my preferred side.  (Don't you hate that?)  Monet had to have two jabs but she has been fine.  Who would wanna move to the UAE?  *wink wink*

15 comments:

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

You pics are lovely!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how you must feel in the temperature change. I was in Melbourne last October, and was absolutley freezing! Beautiful days, but oh, so cold...
The coat looks very cute :)

Star said...

Wow. Your Mom still had your coat from when you were 4? she must have been hoping for a grandaughter.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How truly wonderful that your Mom still has this sweet dear Jacket and that it FITS Monet! I think that is amazing...!

And, how awful awful awful that those three jabs put you in so much pain....! They must have been so very powerful and something in YOUR body was not too happy with them....Thank God, Monet did NOT have a bad reaction...Cause at her age, that could have traumatized her for life! Blessings on that!

Kiki said...

I hope you're better off today. What an awful feeling.

M said...

Love the coat. I have a photo of me going to the Royal Show in a lovely coat like that. It's just not something I've ever bought for my daughter but, gosh, coats like that are special aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I hope that arm heals quickly.

Louise said...

How lovely that you have that coat even if Monet only got to wear it very briefly!! Hope the arm is better soon.

MissyBoo said...

I love that Monet can model your coat so well. Boo wore my coat from when I was 2 last winter, and was very similar to one we saw in David Jones!

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the jabs... but I should have told you that beforehand ;-)

Deana said...

The coat certainly held up very well and she looks so cute in it.

I am back catching up. Sorry about all those shots...ouch! The things we must do...

jeanie said...

Oh how beautiful is that coat. Makes me feel hot, seeing her in it in NOVEMBER but still..

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

they don't make them like that any more - she is adorable in it.

PS I will be sending your package tomorrow ...just have to find the email.It's buried somewhere in hotmail.

Bobkat said...

Very stylish :)

I had my flu jab last week and that left my arm in a similar state. I couldn't sleep well either as it hurt like hell.

Can't be long before you're off to join Lyndon now :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Twice today I've come across the word "piffed". Never heard it before in that context and twice today. Words are like that.

I think I had a coat very similar to that 30-odd years ago. I imagine it was 'piffed' years ago!

Anonymous said...

Retro always comes back into fashion. Or esle start a new one. You will always need things when you go jetting off for European holidays or back into Australia, now you are entering the jetsetting life.