I hope everyone had the New Years Eve they wanted. We did. We spent the late evening with new friends (and a couple of old friends, believe it or not) at neighbours. SingStar got a good work out and most people had a go! Love to see people enjoying themselves...
This is our very own Shaun Ryder (of Happy Mondays fame) belting out a tune. (He is actually very good!)
I spent the first half of New Years Eve nursing a sore head, not that I drank much, true. Just a couple over my 'so-called-limit' but Panadol killed it, thankfully. After a good dose of a greasy bacon sandwich, chased by a Red Bull I was back to being Melody. We decided to go on a bit of a drive and headed to the Al Raha Beach area of Abu Dhabi. Most of this area is under construction - basically it seems the whole shoreline. (Think they're building a new city area here along with schools, homes, shops, hotels.) We ended up at a small Mall, which was next door to this...
I said to Lyndon I think it probably the most amazing building I have seen (to date - I am sure I'll see many more in the near future) but I do list it as a favourite! It looked like one giant coin which was about to roll away. Just amazing. (Can you tell I am married to someone in the construction industry?)
Yesterday we picked up my sister at the airport for a weeks stay. It is good to see her again and wonder what we'll get up to today.
And speaking of today, it is my Father's Birthday! Happy Birthday Grandad! Someone is sad that they can't be with you....
*heehee*
2009 is already heading in the direction we wanted and is proving to be a very interesting year, to say the least. Hope yours will be all you want too!
11 comments:
Happy New Year to the three of you! You really are having a new beginning this year.
Enjoy your sisters visit.
PS There is a little someone over here who loves Monet's 'Belle' dress, but wants to know why she's so sad!
A belated Happy New Year to you and yours Melody. Have a great time with Kim - and hope the container turns up any day now.
She looks like a very sad princess.
Happy new year to you three!
I love the prevailing spirit of optimism at this time of year.
have a wonderful week with your sister.
That building is truly odd! You would think it would be completely illogical on so many levels, climate control especially...
Have a great week with your sister!
Wow - That building is incredible! It reminds me of those ferris wheel biscuits.
Happy New year and a happy new day to you and yours :-)
To Monet from the kewl girls: We like your dress!
When I firsst saw that photo, I thouht it was a fferris wheel. What a great building. What will it be?
Happy New Year Melody!
Monet looks adorable in her long fancy dress, evewn though she does look a bit sad.....!
I hope you have a GREAT time with your sister....And take lots of pictures, please....!
That is quite a building...! What is it?
And what is that Singy Thing you mentioned ...is it some kind of Karaoke thing??
Happy New Year to you! Sounds like it's off to a good start.
Happy New Year! That building does look amazing.
Post a Comment