Sunday, February 01, 2009

Noo Camera

Yesterday, it was out with the old...


and (lucky for me), in with the new.  (Above pic of the old, taken with the new.)  Lyndon gets my hand-me-down Sony Cyber-Shot that has done me very, very, very (like 16k+ shots) well over the past four years and I get a brand spanking new Sony Cyber-Shot. 
 
(Thanks Google images)

Of course it has a zillion functions but I am very impressed with its 'Gourmet Food' setting!  *heehee*  (You all know how much I love to photograph food...along with beer!)

I never used the view finder with my old and this one does not have one at all.  (A function I know many of you out there don't like in the digital cameras of today.)  The whole back screen (3.5 inches) is a 'touch screen' and comes with an internal 4GB memory.  As a bonus my camera came with a slim holding camera bag plus a 2GB memory stick.  Gotta love that.  

If that isn't an excuse to take more photos, then I don't know what is. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh nice. Good call to stick with Sony. I hate my Panasonic.

Be interesting to know whether you decide you need a viewfinder, particularly as you live in a sunny country. The only time I ever miss having a viewfinder is when I take pics in sunny conditions!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oooh. Very nice. Now you just need a reason to call in a plumber to get your free tuition in using all the features! :)

Anonymous said...

Very fancy!

I look forward to when you post some 'gourmet food setting' photos. I'm intrigued about what that feature does...

jeanie said...

Lucky girl - looking forward to the results (especially that food thingy)

By the way - my word verification is "flambre" - very Iron Chef!!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Noice camera - everyone is getting them ...you'll have to check into weekly winners.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Melody. You gotta love new toys.

MissyBoo said...

Oooh very nice... gotta love a new toy to play with!