I own the above concert on DVD and no matter how many times I watch it, it *still* sends shivers up my spine.
I was so very (very) fortunate to see Jeff Buckley play live in early 1996, at Melbourne's Palais Theater. (Sometimes it is my claim to fame, considering that he died a year later.) If you happen to know the Theater, and have ever been in the upper half of it, you would know that they are not normal chairs. The front half (which I was like 3 rows back from) are more like comfortable lounge chairs. Blissful, especially at a Jeff Buckley concert. I think I spent half the concert (and it wasn't only me!) who had their eyes shut. Jeff was mesmerising with his singing. I will never forget.
Never.
*sigh*
What a Friday Flashback this is for me.
4 comments:
Just went and pulled out all my concert tickets...yes, oh yes wasn't he just divine! For me it was Festival Hall, Bris. Sunday 18th February 1996 - 8:00pm. I will never, never forget it either.
So sad, so young....so talented and sweet.
PS: There you go again, bringing back some fine memories for me!
Melody...I am unfamiliar with Jeff...And in all honesty, I could not understand the words to the song. What I understood was His Pain. THAT is very clear from this clip. So, it didn't surprise me when you said he died a year after you saw him in Concert when he sang this song.
I wish I could understand every word he sings. What a tragedy that he died so young.
I had never heard of Jeff Buckley until my cousin and her husband named there son, Buckley a couple of years ago!
I must have had my head in the sand that year???
So strange - we were at the same concert at the Palais! I remember we parked way back behind Acland St because there were no parks anywhere and walked down. We were only about 5 rows from the front and I remember listening with my eyes closed most of the time - he was sooooo gorgeous, it just made me melt.
Post a Comment