Sunday, February 22, 2009

iMe


It feels like I have a brand new computer to upload my photos onto.  

We've had our MacBook now for over two years and on Friday we went out and purchased new upgrading software for it.  It feels like a brand spanker, especially with the introduction of iLife'09.  I am in love with iPhoto even more so now, as I can click on one of four icons, 'iWeb', 'Email', 'Facebook' or 'Flickr'.  As I use both FB and Flickr, my photos can now easily be uploaded to these accounts.  So easy peasy and I am very happy!  Along with new 'cleaning spray and cloth' for the MacBook, not only does our computer feel brand new, it also looks brand new...  

I have decided that my oven is a great baking one.  See what I made on Thursday...


Can I tell you that it taste as good as it looks.  My neighbours can too confirm this statement.  For the recipe, click here...

I do enjoy baking and cooking, but one thing I simply cannot stand is washing those bloody dishes one uses to produce goods.  Well that will be changing tomorrow, with the arrival of this...


I am one lucky ducky.  No more feeling awfully hot, hand washing the dishes.  My kitchen should now look constantly clean (as compared to having dishes lying about all.  the.  time.)  There will be more items being cooked and baked in my kitchen with the introduction of our new dishwasher tomorrow.  Yippee....  

And the best thing?  When we leave this villa, whenever that shall be down the track, and when we leave Abu Dhabi, the oven and the dishwasher come with us.  Now, we just have to keep our eyes open for some property in Melbourne...  (All in due time you realise people, all in due time!)

11 comments:

MissyBoo said...

I wish I could make my desktop feel brand new! Maybe a new ISP would help?

I love your new dishwasher. You won't know yourself. I got one with my new house last April, and don't know how I lived so long without one! Enjoy all that cooking and baking you can do now without dreading the thought of washing up :)

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I've stopped by....I'm glad I did today. Classic Melody post here. I love it when you're fired up about stuff :-) Thanks for the smile.

Star said...

I would hate to be without my dishwasher. I hate seeing dirty ishes lying around. Monet looks happy there in the back seat,

Delane said...

oh man that dessert looks good. I gave up bedtime snacks years ago, but after seeing that pic, it's going to be heard to go to bed without eating something.

Kiki said...

I think it's worse when you're home a lot playing Mum. That's when we get to really "play" in the kitchen, thus dragging out all the pots, pans and utensils. I'm with you...one simply cannot be without a dishwasher. And, I won't have anyone call them a luxury!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Isn't it wonderful that you have so many wonderful "appliances" including your MacBook upgrade...(lol)....It is so funny about a Dishwasher. Mine stopped working about 30 years ago and I wasn't able to get it fixed for some reason...Well, I got so use to Washing the dishes myself that even after I finally had my Dishwasher fixed---I never use it, at all....!

BTW: I love that you periodically change your Header picture and we get to see more of the Area you now live in...It's exciting, my dear.

Anonymous said...

your cake looks magnificent!

Mookah Studio said...

Oh Melody don't tease us like that! You aren't planning on coming home any time soon.....are you?

Deana said...

I don't think I could make it without my dishwasher. We seem to have dirty dishes contstantly.

I love the strawberry dish, I'd like a bite!

Anonymous said...

It seems like the move has been a great success already in moving your little family in a positive dirction. Great news. So much doom and gloom on the Australian job front these days, it's tempting to up and join you!

Bobkat said...

Ooh, that dessert looks gorgeous...mmmmmm. I'm salivating just looking at the photo!

You are so lucky to have that dishwasher! I have dishes on the side all the time too and it drives me nuts!