Thursday, February 12, 2009

Trying to Cheer Up Charlie

There has been so much sadness this week in my life (and it seems in a lot of yours as well)  and I have been feeling so low, I thought I would post a couple of things that have cheered me up somewhat.  If only momentarily, they still brought smiles to my face.

The pool.  Monet and Lyndon had a blast in the pool together the other day.  If only you could hear the giggling coming out of Monet's mouth in this shot...(and yes, that is a hat on Lyndon's foot!)  There is something about being in the pool or watching people in a pool which makes me happy.  Maybe it is all about the calmness of it all.


I will leave you with this, from a favourite of mine, Dom Jolly.  This makes me laugh out loud, no matter how many times I have watched it. (Please mind the 'F-word' within the first 25 seconds and towards the end.)  It is so outback Australian, it isn't funny.  If you enjoy a drink once in a while, I am sure you'll enjoy watching this clip.  I hope it makes you smile as much as it makes me...  

7 comments:

M said...

You really have had a rough trot (good Aussie saying there). Thinking of you and your family here, and there.

Marie said...

What a time, Melody.... Hugs...


(That video made me laugh out loud!)

Bobkat said...

I never cease to marvel at the stregth of the human spirit. How even in times of adversity we can still find things to make us smile :) Hugs.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL...That clip is funny, Melody....!
I am so sorry you are going through such hard times, my dear....And it is good to find something that makes you laugh or smile, even if it momentary.

Imageo said...

A disaster always brings out the best in the Aussies, I'm always amazed by the resilience and generosity of of the human spirit at such times. We see it time after time.

Loved the video - it's always fun until the VB comes out, followed closely by the Bundy...

Anonymous said...

It has not been fun tp be Australian for a little while. Thanks for pointing out some simple joys.

Anonymous said...

Hey you
that gave me a great laugh. It is so real....could be any bush pub on any night. I nearly peed myself laughing when the frog jumped on him.

Embracing our Aussie way of life is the biggest compliment we can give to those who lost their lives in the Victorian Bush Fires.

When the going gets tough, the Aussies get helping. What a great bunch we are to help so freely when the chips are down.