Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Wander Around The Streets

My neighbour friend, Monet and myself caught a taxi into the city this morning.  We had a little business to do (visit the post office to begin with.  Abu Dhabi only has two or three post offices here, believe it or not.  But that is another post altogether.)

It was a good opportunity for me to take some snaps of some buildings.  It is an interesting city bar the stupid footpaths (up and down, steps, not very pedestrian friendly) but is nice to get out and see some more of the city.

There are some amazing looking buildings in some glorious colours...



...and then there is some typical city scenes of low-lying buildings, not a lot of sky-scrapers in the city parts yet!  (There are a few and the future plan for this city looks pretty impressive.)


We ended up walking to Al Whada Mall for a few bits and pieces, including a well deserved Starbucks drink and Maccas for lunch!  *heehee*


Now excuse me as I go and make a salad as we're off to a neighbour's tonight for a BBQ and a Guitar Hero show-down!

(Any of these photos can be enlarged by double-clicking. My new camera works wonderfully with snaps like these.  Hope you can see how clear they are!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are great photos Melody
I like your new camera,

Anonymous said...

They are fabulous photos. I love the blue sky.

jeanie said...

It all looks so developed already!

Great shots - I love the reflection of the building across the road.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Woawww! This is quite a city...!
So many big buildings and sounds like they are expanding and exapanding....I can see why Lyndon was needed there....!

Anonymous said...

It's such a clean, new and fresh City, isn't it.
Do you experience sand storms at all?

MissyBoo said...

Oooohhhh! I cannot wait for your post office story *smirk*