Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Children's Park

If anyone is rapt with me being able to drive over here, it is Monet.  I took her today to a Children's Park we've been eyeing off for quite sometime.  

Playground after playground after playground.  And she was the only child around.  A well maintained park there was plenty of gardeners and maintenance guys around making sure that the park was looking nearest its best.  

We went mid-morning and were there for a good hour or so, but it started to heat up and left when I began to feel too hot.  

(The Big Pineapple, UAE style)


To see more photos of the Park, click here to see my Flickr photos.  (If you wish to be invited as a friend please let me know so I can invite you to see more photos than you would if I haven't invited you!)


From there I drove to the Carrefour Hypermarket which is located quite close to the playground.  Bit strange to be there without Lyndon, I must admit.  

Leaving the Hypermarket and to get home a little quicker I took a short cut, which (unfortunatley) you have to go right around one of the largest round-abouts located in Abu Dhabi.  And as luck would have it, I encounted the lunch-time traffic.  I got around, with two cars beeping me (nothing unusual for cars to beep over here, trust me, everyone does it!)  We made it home safely in one piece...

In other news, it was with sadness yesterday that we learnt that Lyndon's beloved Grandpa died after a long battle with an illness.  He has been in our thoughts since we moved over here and was hanging on for so very long.  We feel a very long way from home this week....   Rest in Peace Normie, you'll be missed. xx

8 comments:

M said...

It's great you and Monet can get out more. Funny that they have a big Pineapple!

My condolences to Lyndon regarding his Pa.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about lyndons pa. Hope everyone is okay.
Love the pictures, please invite me to be your friend so ican see more of them. take care kate

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sorry to hear about Lybdon's Dad....And I too say, may he RIP!

That Park sounds quite amazing....! They seem to do everything BIG BIG BIG over there, don't they? Cute Pineapple Slide...

I am going over to see more pictures now, and I would love to be invited as a friend, to be able to view more, my dear.

Kiki said...

Life takes some difficult turns when we age don't you think? So hard when you're that distance too.

Love the Big Pineapple slide, we drive past the BP at least once a month. Not as big as it used to be when I was a young one -- funny 'bout that ;-)

Red Dirt Mummy said...

I haven't commented in a while so... congrats on the licence! I bet it makes a huge difference. I'm loving the pics, they are gorgeous.
Sympathy to you on the loss of Lyndon's Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss.

Brave girl out driving on the wrong side of the road amongst horn beepers.

Bobkat said...

Those playgrounds sound lovely. I am sure Monet will spend many a happy hour in them with you :)

I am very sorry to hear about Lyndon's grandpa.It must be hard being so far away from family at times like this.

Delane said...

The park is amazing.

I'm very sorry for the loss.