Monday, April 20, 2009

First Day


Finally.  Our fully pledged Kinder girl!  Monet was so chuffed this morning to be headed out the door with her 'school bag'.

All went well on her first day of 'Nursery School', attending for three hours this morning.  She was fine and happy enough when I left.  (Remembering that Monet and I have spent practically every day of the past 4 and a half years together.)

She made a little friend (*phew*) and seemed to enjoy her time away from me.  She did say that she drew a picture of me in the sand and said she missed me which made me go all gooey inside.  

The Director of the Nursery said that Monet went really well and with us talking to her teacher, said she wanted another six Monets in her class.  That's our girl.

Tomorrow we start 'full-time' at Kinder, for a good 5 1/2 hours or so, five days a week.  Hopefully enough hours to wear her out and keep her happy.  And her mummy happy.  (I have a day set aside for housework, another for grocery shopping and another for a weekly lunch date with Lyndon.  Two days spare up my sleeve - bliss.  Though this all comes at a steep price as all Nursery Schools (along with Schools) are privately run...)

Our girl is growing up and my tummy is growing out!

16 comments:

Marie said...

So cute!!! Enjoy your time, Melody... glad Monet's so happy!

Preschool is only 2.5 hours/day, 3 times per week here. The time to yourself flies!!

jeanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - if I were a kindy teacher, I would like 6 Monets too!

Enjoy your "mummy-free" time.

Louise said...

She looks adorable! Enjoy the child free time but I know it will be strange without her. I find it hard sometimes without Daph when she's at kinder - I keep feeling like I've forgotten something.

M said...

Certainly a day to remember. I look back on my children's Kinder days with great fondness.

Small Town Mamma said...

Oh, congratulations Monet - what a big girl! Glad to hear she is enjoying it. And huge congrats to you and Lyndon on the big news! I am finding that life with 2 kids is very different to just the 1!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This was a BIG BIG Day! Congrats to Monet and Congrats to you too, my dear. This is a BIG deal, I know....And it sounds like she did GREAT!
She looks adorable with her back pack...What all is in there?? LOL!

kate said...

GORGEOUS!!! Well done Monet and Melody and enjoy your time on your own Melody....it wont last long now will it!!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous that she has made such a smooth start. It makes it all so easy for all of you.

Kiki said...

Beautiful, doesn't she look proud of herself here.

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Awwww... so gorgeous. Enjoy your free time, 5 hours goes really really quickly!

MissyBoo said...

Awesome!!! You said she did well away from you, but how did you go without your Kinder girl?

Enjoy your child-free time (while you have some of course)

kurrabikid said...

Just caught up on reading your blog ... congratulations on your pregnancy, Melody!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Gosh she is so cute Melody.
I bet you missed you.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I mean you missed her ... and I guessed she missed you ;)

LBA said...

Of course she did well - she is a well adjusted child who knows she is loved, cherished and not rejected.

Plus she loves an adventure.

Good for all :)

Bobkat said...

What a big girl she is going to school now! She really looks so pleased in the photo :)