I got up this morning and showered, ready to come downstairs at 6:30 and who should be up and dressed before me, but Little Miss Monet. She is enjoying Nursery School and was keen to be dropped off early. *good sign*
Even as we walk into the School we get comments on her height. I'm afraid she'll be getting this for most of her schooling life. She is standing a good head above all the other kids and Lyndon wants to know why I have been buying her (a few) new clothes lately! It is because she is growing so tall - lots of her dresses are turning into tops and some of her skirts are becoming mini-mini skirts!
She is not the only one growing. My tummy is too. I can hide the pregnancy quite well under certain tops and I guess I too have my height to thank for this. I visited my doctor on Saturday for my latest check-up. My Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD) keeps changing due to the fact that baby#2 is growing well. Another big baby is on it's way, but we are sticking to my original dates of when it is due. I got this all the time with Monet too and she arrived smack, bang on her due date. Currently this baby is weighing 500 grams. Usually a baby this far along is roughly about 400 grams. See what I mean?
I am hoping I can cope with the heat as I am sure it will be a long time till we see temps back in the low 30's again - it is averaging about 39 every day now - Abu Dhabi does get up to constant temps of mid to high 40's over summer, with the temp only dropping a few degrees overnight. We knew what we were in for when we moved though so 'I no complain'. (A million bucks that I will complain though!)
And yeah, I feel like fast food for lunch!

9 comments:
What a joy to have a child who gets themselves out of bed and organised. I have ten years of hurry ups under my belt.
I wish Boo would/could get out of bed on her own in the mornings!
Hope that head cold disappears soon, and though they never say it officially (the workmen would be allowed to stop working) quite often the temps are over 50!!!
Having a cold while pregnant really really sucks. I remember that. I am so glad Miss Monet is thriving. It's sign of good parenting.
Miss F and Miss J are also tall 4yo's... they weren't big babies though - thank god!
I too have to do the hurry up thing in the morning.
This very morning Ethan went to school in his PJs because he was too slow in getting dressed.
I craved Maccas all through my pregnancies!
i couldn't stand the heat... realy couldn't..
I too have an early riser - it is a blessing, isn't it?
So, did you get any fast food, or does that not exist?
Mid 40's?! Damn that's hot! I hope you feel much better soon. Head colds can be miserable.
Glad to hear Monet is enjoying school though. That is a good sign :)
I LOVE that picture of Monet in the middle of all those colorful tunes...! She IS tall and I bet she enjoys her new clothes.
Sorry you have had a cold, but glad to hear you are feeling good otherwise, except for the Heat!
Post a Comment