Saturday, June 06, 2009

A Fortnight Already?!

I can't believe it was a fortnight ago today that Monet, my sister and I took a 40 minute cruise down the Thames from Richmond.  We were meant to have gone to Windsor for the day but some 'apparent' train derailment meant we couldn't reach our destination and so Richmond it had to be.


The three of us went to Richmond last year, but I remember we were all rugged up against the elements, but not on this weekend.  We basked in the sun for a good hour, people and bird watching along the Thames.  Truth be told, if we didn't have a young child with us, my sister and I could have sat on the park bench all day... (It was that nice and relaxing.)


A cruise was decided on so off we went, down to the Teddington Lochs and back, then for a touch of shopping on the High Street.  


We ended up going to meet up with Lyndon and Kim's partner T and an old friend of ours further up the Thames at Hammersmith for a drink and dinner, at a riverside pub.  We all giggled out loud when Monet's mini version of Bangers and Mash arrived at our table...


The following day Monet, Lyndon and I met Kim and we ventured off towards Hampstead Heath.  We didn't quite end up at Hampstead Heath but a big family park located close by.  It was warm weather, but just right for tramping through some London bushland (?)...


...and ending up at a playground where Monet went and played for a while (whilst we rested) and then, shock of all shocks, she came back saying "Okay, I've had a play, lets get going."  Man, that 'never' happens!!


For Dinner on that Sunday night we went here, to Dim T, at Gloucester Road, not far from our hotel.  It was delicious and the 3 courses we dined on was well deserved after our busy day out.


4 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like a great adventure.
I love the pic of Monet on the slide!

Anonymous said...

Those bangers and mash look very gourmet!

MissyBoo said...

You just can't get a decent 'bangers and mash' around here. Monet's looks very appetising even if you all did have a giggle.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a beautiful restaurant that DIM T is....I LOVE that you took the "cruise" down the Thames....The whole day sounded just wonderful in every way...LOVE the pictures that you shared Melody....!
I wish someone would take a trip on The Thames in a boat (or boats) and stop at all the different towns and villages along the way, and document the whole thing in a Documentary for PBS or The BBC....Maybe someone already has and I just don't know about it....!Your visit there with your dear sister sounds like it was truly sublime!