Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where Else In The World...

...can you see Buckingham Palace?...


(I swear every time I have been there has been a sign at the front reading "Changing of the Guard on Tomorrow at 11:30am" - I have yet to see a proper Changing of the Guard in all the times I have been there.  It is a bit like the Ettamogah Pub painted sign that reads 'Free Beer Tomorrow" if you ask me!)

...Piccadilly Circus?...


...the Lions in Trafalgar Square?...


...the Horse Guards?...


...Downing Street?...


...Dinosaurs?...


...and Charles Darwin, all in the same city, on the same day?


You know how much we enjoy London and you all know how much I look forward to returning for a visit there again some day.  

(Good thing my sister lives there so I really don't need an excuse to visit again.)


5 comments:

MissyBoo said...

Changing of the guard is a bit over-rated and you're not missing much (in my opinion)!

Love the photos :)

Anonymous said...

I love Charles Darwin. His eyes look so kind and knowing.

A fabulous photo tour of London

Jo said...

Why can't my sisters live somewhere exciting like London? Great photos.

Small Town Mamma said...

Horse Guards always sends tingles down my spine. It kind of epitomises British-ness, in all of its formal, stiff-upper-lip, I'm-not-going-to-blink-even-if-you-tickle-me type glory!

I love that AWW cookbook too - it is my current Bible of all things kitchen.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderful to see your pictures of London, Melody....It is such a GREAT GREAT City and with so much History. I think it is terrific that Monet gets to visit London on a semi-regular basis....To have seen as much of the world as she has already, at her young age---Well, that is fantastic!

The one time I saw the Changing Of The Guard was sort of anti-climactic, in a way...So much had been written about, etc. Well...it just didn't live up to all that Hoopla, to me....And I really wanted it to...Oh Well.....lol!