
...I (literally) feel like a ball these days.
Even though I am close to being 32 weeks pregnant, the baby I am carrying is the size of one who might be 35 weeks. No wonder I feel exhausted. I have been having good days and some pretty shitty ones too, where I have major cases of the can't-be's, but I get on with it. I have no choice. I try not to complain. I roll with it.
My body aches something terrible during the night, even though I am sleeping with a gazillion pillows around my body. I don't feel 'normal' (as one can in this situation) until my morning shower. I am 10 kilos heavier than usual and my body knows it.
Lyndon and Monet are trying their best to help out which I thank them for.
We've slowly been purchasing things needed when #2 makes an appearance (hopefully sooner, rather than later) such as a change table, nappies, clothes etc., but finding a cot we like is proving to be a little more difficult than what we thought. I'm telling you, there are some rather horrible cots out there in the stores of Abu Dhabi. *shudder* (And I am sure half of them would not pass Australian safety standards.) The one we did have our eye on in a particular store, we were told they don't have a supplier for it. Figure that one out. (And we're not fans of buying demo stock due to a few bad experiences in the past.) But we will find one. We've still got a bit of time up our sleeves.
In the meantime, I have to roll with it, Little By Little. (With thanks to Oasis.)
Enjoy the video - I love this song - starring the talented actor Robert Carlyle...
11 comments:
8 weeks, hey darl? Good luck on the cot thing - haven't even started looking here (but I did at least buy my 1 item this week - which now makes it a pram, some nappies AND one pack of wipes to welcome the bub into the world).
I like how the little figures on your shirt look like they are participating in the reconstruction!!
Oasis played Wembley Stadium on Thursday night. You could hear it in our bedroom. I'm not joking!
Hope the aches and pains ease off a bit. I've got major issues with hands at moment, and my pilates leaves me almost unable to walk the day after, so I think if I was pregnant at this age I would probably die.
You look great Melody.
god you look gorgeous Melody!! I love the little thing your doing with your mouth in this pic... glad you are doing well, it is hard work being pregnant i reckon, it puts a lot of strain on the body and your brain for that matter. So take care, put your feet up as much as possible! I cant wait to meet the new addition to your family.
Lots of love the gourlays
Oh you never cease to amaze me...always positive. Looking good, not long to go now, just keep moving forward one step at a time. I don't ever feel normal, and I'm not even pregnant!
I SO hear you re the uncomfortableness at night. It's one of nature's cruelest tricks, I reckon. Personally, the achey hips coupled with the insomnia I have at the moment is driving me BONKERS!!
Keep you chin up honey I know exactly how you feel my Daniel was a big baby too....its hard but before you know it you will have a beautiful wee bub in your arms and all the aches and pains will go, trust me
Lynne
xxx
That's a beautiful bump you have there but I don't envy you the feeling of just never being comfortable!
You're in quite an Oasis mood lately aren't you? This one is a great tune, but there are so many to choose from!
You look great even if you don't feel it. Poor you. It sounds like you don't have to feel so awful for too much longer now. Good luck with the cot search. I am sure one that meets your standards will turn up soon :)
Maybe you could find a cot on-line that you really like and fits your safety needs---And, then maybe it could be sent to you. Another idea: Possibly your sister could get one that you really want in the UK and send it to you....Just some ideas, my dear.
Still unable to see Video's on people's blogs...Grrr. It is something with my computer. Oh well. What can you do!
It must be really hard to feel your body so differently....And all those aches and pains...No fun. But the reward will be Wonderful, won't it...!
I remember the sleepless nights and the pillows stacked up around me... Not much longer now melody.
Post a Comment