I have baked it twice now - it is so easy to whip up and very delicious (especially warm!). I suggest you give it a go!
Date Loaf
Ingredients
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
175g (6oz) dates, chopped
2 cups self raising flour
1 egg
Method
In a saucepan, bring to the boil the water, sugar, butter, bi-carb and dates. When boiled, take off heat and add flour and egg. Mix. Pour into a greased loaf tin (I line mine with baking paper, extending 5cm over the sides) and bake in a Moderate oven for 30-45 mins.
Enjoy.
Trust me, you will.
5 comments:
Mmmmm dates... even better Emirate dates. Drooling and home-sick for Abu Dhabi :(
Yum ... sounds (and looks) mighty fine!
Just popping in to say hi. I have no idea how I arrived here, but will definitely try your yummy recipe. It's freezing in Adelaide at the moment. My last months of pregnancy (25 years ago!)were in the height of summer so can imagine what you are going through! Good luck with everything.I'll visit again to see how you're going!
I made the cake too. It was simply divine. And so easy!
I don't mind at all - I stole it from the "Mulgildie P&C Cookbook" or something similar - always referred to in our house as "the yellow recipe book".
Post a Comment