Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apparently I Am A Masterchef

My new Food Processor tells me I am.

I bought a new Food Processor yesterday, mainly because my old one,which was a whole two years old, decided that it only had two speeds.  Those two speeds were either 'not at all' or 'flat-chat'.  Not the most safest thing to use in a country which has dodgy electrical wiring and sell shoddy electrical converters.  Lyndon told me to 'piff it' and get a new one, if I really wanted a new one.

Seeing that I have only ever had a Food Processor for two years, I first thought it was a luxury kitchen item that I probably could have continued living on without.  But alas no.  Owning one of these kitchen products is not a luxury if you enjoy cooking and cook often.  I discovered I could not live without one. (Exaggerated slightly of course!) It seems that in every second recipe I have, it states to use a mix master (I *heart* mine) or a Food Processor.  And of course with a baby on the way, it is handy to have one on hand when the little one begins solids.  (That's my excuse anyway, okay!)

After much researching, 'ooo-ing and ahh-ing', justifying, wondering etc., I bit the bullet yesterday.  Finally.  And the one I chose tells me I am a Masterchef 8000.


As I opened the box I came across gadget after gadget.  Some I am not 100% sure what to do with.


But as a bonus it also has a jug in it so I can 'blend' (and 'piff' out my 12 year blender, which is nearing the end of its life).


Let's hope this one lasts longer than my previous one!

6 comments:

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Oooh, very nice! My food processor has been on it's last legs for a while. It also has two speeds but they are (a) struggling along, or (b) not at all. It's got to where the poor machine even struggles with breadcrumbs. If it can hold out till Christmas I can justify it as a Chrissy present :)

jeanie said...

Ooooh - I had a Molineaux last time around - was with me for 10 years (got it for baby shower, replaced by wedding present) and my only advice for longevity is - don't drop things.

You will never use all the bits but don't do what I did with my new Food Processor - think that I was given doubleups on the user guide and throw one out - as it WILL be the one with English in it.

kimbofo said...

Never owned a food processor, nor a mix-master!

Bought a griddle pan today, and a spoon holder. Wow! ;-)

Mookah Studio said...

Gadgets...it seems you gottem all! Enjoy your new toy.

Marianne said...

I have a Breville wizz professional
it only has on or pulse, i love it never need any other speed, its great, never use the extras that came with it, but i do have a Kitchen Aid mix master i could not use any other brand now its the best, and i have a bamix dont use a lot but its great too.You can tell i like my kitchen gadgets.And i love my huge pantry.wink wink Melody

Stacey said...

Lovely! I bought a new one last week too. It's a Magimix and I love, love, love it.