Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crane Wanted

So I had my regular check-up yesterday with my lovely Obstetrician.  I will be 38 weeks pregnant on Tuesday, but according to my regular ultra-sounds, this baby is 'ahead' of time.  (Meaning the baby is a week or two ahead 'size' wise.)

Apparently baby is all ready to go and is in perfect position for labour.  (Of course, in the course of labour, this could all change!)  He stated everything looks normal and is very happy with me.  He thinks that the baby won't be as large as first expected, I could be looking at maybe a 4 kilo-er (Monet was 4.2) but that is just an estimate.  That certainly put a smile on my face when he stated that!  I still have in the back of my mind that a 5 kilo baby has to come out (*argh*) but now, maybe not....  

As we are at the 'business' end of this pregnancy (can't wait for it to end!) I am seeing my Doc every week.  Before I left he said to me "See you next week, though I might see you earlier", along with a wink.  I don't think so.  Seriously.  I do not think so.  (But any tips on getting this ball rolling, let me know!)  Lyndon is talking this seriously, what my Doctor said, after all as Lyndon said he has probably been in the business of looking after pregnant women and delivering their children for about 35 years.  I'm still not convinced.  

But my fingers are crossed.  

Health-wise I am feeling good, bar feeling a bit tired, due to crap sleeps.  Turning over in bed is such an effort (I've asked Lyndon if he could possible hire me a crane from work) and I am so. sick. of. sleeping. with. pillows. around. my. body.  But otherwise, I no complain!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tick tick... this is when the time drags, I am sure. I remember that feeling - sleeping with a body pillow helped, but turning over was a drag. Is Monet getting excited?

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for the new baby. I've been waiting for AGES, you know...

kimbofo said...

Oooooh, how exciting.

Can't wait to find out if I have a new niece or a new nephew!!

kurrabikid said...

I hear you!!

I keep wondering "will today be the day?" ... but not so far (despite lots of aches and cramps). Actual due date is the 28th but I keep hoping for an appearance before then...

Like you, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Bobkat said...

Glad to hear all is well. You sound exactly like my friend when she was near the end of her pregnancy. Every day at work she would teoll me how tired she was and how she wanted the baby out NOW! I think it's natures way of making child birth seem like something desireable compared to the discomfort! LoL. Either way, fingers crossed for you!

LBA said...

Lyndon sounds like AB - both my Obs gave me that wink .. and AB took it as gospel, and yet .. both ..exactly 10 days overdue.

Can't wait for the NEW BEBE !!
squee!

Ms Mac said...

Crikey! That went quick! How excitement- I can't wait to see this new babe!

Melody said...

I'm pretty sure bub will arrive on due date, just for all you interested folks!

Marianne (nanna) said...

You are going very well Melody,I cannot wait to hear if i have a new Grandaughter or Grandson mmmmmmmmmm.
Will fill in those passport papers today, Im nervous just thinking about flying that far, i thought Cairns was a long trip for me.lol

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Sounds like it's almost time. Hang in there!

Stomper Girl said...

Ooh it's so exciting (when you're not the one sleeping with all dem pillows and needing the crane to roll over.)
(Did I ever tell you about having too much epidural and needing to be rolled over during labour several times due to plummeting blood pressure. That poor midwife, swear to God, she and Mister Fixit were hefting me like a beached whale, not one of my finest moments)
(shouldn't really tell bad labour stories when you're this close to dropping, sorry about that)
Good Luck!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

How exciting. You do realise I'll be checking back religiously now to see if the Ob was right?

jeanie said...

Ooooh - eee - how excitement!!!

So, my money is on September 2. 2-09-2009

Marianne said...

Melody you might go on the 09/09/09

MissyBoo said...

I'm so excited for you all :)

I have lots of tips and tricks (email me if you'd like some) but mostly babies come when they want to come regardless of what you do :)

Best of Luck xxx