A couple of weeks back our blue skies were thick with sand (from Kuwait apparently) and outside was dim. It did give you the feeling that it was going to rain (alas no!) and sometimes at night, with the air conditioners running and your head on the pillow in a particular way, it really sounded like it was raining outside. Of course it wasn't but it was a nice thought.
We don't step foot outside our villa much these days. The only time is when we have to go to the bin, to collect the water bottles from the 'Water Man' or to get to the car outside our front door! Otherwise we are inside. Does our heads in some days but we really don't have a big choice.
Imagine Monet's surprise last week when I said at around 9am, "C'mon, I'll take you to the pool!" Talk about excited. And with good reason....
Bliss.
A nice change too for the water to actually be cooler than the air temperature.
But last night when I went outside to the wheelie-bin (exciting, I know), I noticed the air was thick - it was HOT. I know I am pregnant and when you are pregnant you feel about 20 degrees warmer than everyone else but I know HOT from hot. I checked on the internet. It read 'currently 41 degrees, feels like 48'.
It was 8 pm.
I knew I wasn't imagining it.
So, can you imagine how hot it is outside in the midday sun?
(Think of those who have to work in it. There is currently a rule that all Labourers have a 3 hour break between the hours of 1pm till 4pm. Now, imagine working in this heat during Ramadan when water and food is not allowed to be taken between sunrise and sunset.)
7 comments:
I would probably die in that heat. I am way too acclimatised to British weather: if it gets hotter than 23-degrees I think it's a heatwave!! ;)
I like Victoria weather, nice and cool at the moment around 8 degrees,We have had some lovely rain the last few days just what we need. I think i would melt in that heat you are having.
Sheeeeeesh. I think I would shrivel up...
Yes, I can imagine it (and I don't miss that part).
Nice new pool like that and they haven't attached a chiller to the filter? Head to one of the hotels, the water is like ice at this time of year (and definately worth parting with a few dirhams)
Way too hot for me and I'd go nuts locked inside. I'm definately an outdoors girl.
I would *die* in that heat :(
Wow! I can't begin to imagine it. I have become soft with so much air conditioning available now in the tropics.
Post a Comment