Sunday, August 02, 2009

'Quack, Quack'

(Yeah, I feel like I am waddling like a duck!)

There is one word that I both hate and love.  That word is 'normal'.

I loved the word yesterday when it was said to me at my Doctor's appointment.  Apparently everything regarding this baby looks 'normal'.  The baby looks fine, my blood pressure is fine, everything is 'normal'.  I felt a million times better as I always have in the back of my mind that something is going to go wrong - after everything that has happened with last year's pregnancy.  My Doctor spends ages doing my ultrasound and I lay there not wanting to peer at the screen, just in case he says something looks abnormal.  Besides the fact that this baby is already weighing in at a hefty 3 kilos with 5 weeks to go, and a head that is starting to look big (bloody terrific that one!) everything is fine.

My Doctor also prescribed some medication that makes heartburn go away altogether, which I was very much thankful for last night.  When I told him I could sit there and eat Gaviscon after Gaviscon and then wake in the night wanting to have a spit in the sink (sorry) he prescribed something which worked a dream last night.  I swear I had one of the best sleeps I have in ages, not waking with the acid in my mouth.  Ahhh...

With great relief too, Lyndon went and got a cot on Friday afternoon which has been on our minds for quite some time.  It is the one we were after, looks and feels very sturdy - it is just waiting now for the new owner to arrive.  Just like us.

The countdown is now on.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three kilos with five weeks to go! My goodness gracious me.

Stomper Girl said...

Whoa, you could be heading for a 10-pounder at this rate! A nice normal 10-pounder of course. Good luck is all I'm sayin'.

Mookah Studio said...

All I can say is at least you're not 5'2" and a size 8! That doesn't help does it? There's plenty of big babies born every day, and they can't all be the same can they?

Anonymous said...

Ooohmygosh. That is now one serious baby tum.

I have really enjoyed your pregnancy ;)

jeanieinparadise said...

Wooo - how excitement. Good luck on it all.

kurrabikid said...

Greetings from a fellow waddler! Normal is the best possible word to hear in that context ... fantastic!

MissyBoo said...

Normal is good :) I understand what you're saying (((Hugs)))

kimbofo said...

I like the picture. You're looking very well. Where did you get the skinny arms? Mine look like bingo wings! ;)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! It is happening now, very very soon! I am happy to read that everything is 'normal', my dear Melody....And I can imagine the relief you feel when the doctor tells you that!
Hugs to you all, dear Melody.

Bobkat said...

I suffer from heartburn and it's the worse when it wakes you at night. So glad you have something for it.

You're looking great but you must so want the pregnancy stage to be over with! :)