Saturday, September 05, 2009

Not Long Now

Still here folks.  Baby not due for a couple of days yet so we are sitting pretty and we're all feeling a little anxious, a little scared, a little excited.  The Neighbours are all in preparation too...

I had my Doctor appointment today - all is well and now we sit and wait.  Woot!

My dad arrives from Melbourne, early tomorrow morning, in time to see Monet before she goes to school and lands in time for Father's Day.  Planned that well didn't he?  I'm actually sitting on a dark coloured leather chair that arrived today which I told Lyndon is his Father's Day present.  Funny that I bought two so it is a present we can share.  You have no idea how comfortable they are and how perfect they are for sitting with a laptop on your lap!


Lyndon spent early yesterday afternoon putting some bamboo sheeting up against our back picket fence to offer a little more privacy for us.  Monet spent a bit of time outdoors late yesterday enjoying the sprinkler...



Monet turns 5 on Monday.  FIVE!  Can you believe it?  Makes you wonder what happened to those years in between her birth and her 5th birthday, but then I look at her and talk to her and notice that she's turned into an intelligent, well-travelled, little school girl.  Unreal.   

We've discussed with her the possibility that she may gain a sibling on her birthday; she wasn't too keen at first but she's okay with the fact now.  She told me she actually would like to have a new brother or sister born on her birthday...well, she says that now...  

Hope all is well with you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really pleased that your dad has been able to travel over in time to see the new baby. I hope the new baby behaves and arrives in due time with ease!!

Marie said...

Good luck Melody! Thinking of you... and happy birthday to Monet, almost!

M said...

Father. Check. Daughter's 5th Birthday. Check. Baby. Waiting Waiting.

Good luck. It's all happening in the Biglittlesister household!

Kiki said...

Reading this post has given me goosebumps all over, it's happening...IT'S ALL REALLY HAPPENING. It is really great that your Dad arrived for Father's Day and Monet's 5th birthday..what lucky girls you are.

I hope you're not waiting too long, that's the horrible part I think...sitting, tossing and turning and wondering.

I'm thinking of you every day.

David said...

The best of luck with it all. Have fun! :-)

(I'm sure only a man could write that!)

So Now What? said...

Good luck with it all. Remember, max 24 hours of your life that might be major suckage.

Can't wait to see pix.

Bern

jeanie said...

OOoh - its Monday now here and Monet's birthday and I am thinking Hmmmm?

Small Town Mamma said...

Thinking of you all... I hope things go smoothly for you.

Delane said...

Keep checking the site, can't wait to stop by and see the BIG post. And Happy Birthday to Monet. I truly can't believe that she is five.