Al Ain is situated to the east of Abu Dhabi, about 130 kilometers away. It is still in the Abu Dhabi Emirate and it is lovely! The road to Al Ain is lined with rolling sand dunes and wild camels. You know exactly where you are when you look out the car window. It is a long way from where I grew up, let me tell you.
The zoo was fabulous, but it was awfully hot. Too hot. And we got there at opening time (10am) only to stay for a couple of hours. We will venture back for a proper look come winter time.
We quite liked Al Ain. It had a nice large country town feel about it. It was 'green' (which is why it is known as an Oasis Town - I kept looking for the Gallagher brothers but didn't spot them *heehee*) and I am sure we will venture back for a visit once the weather cools down...in about six months time.

5 comments:
Nope. Definately no similarities with Koony there!
I hope there were no polar bears trying to stay cool at that zoo...
Wow, it looks really huge!
Groaning at the Oasis joke...
It is certainly a different world there.
I am vedry partial to Zoo's that are very open with lots and lots of space for the Animals. This looks wondedrful. It truly pains me to see Animals closed up behind bars with very little room to roam, etc. the way they need to...
Great pictures of your older child--The Beautiful MissM! I wonder how the animals survive that horrendous heat?
Post a Comment