Saturday, October 30, 2010

When In Rome...

...do as the Romans do, or in our case, what the Arabs do.


The six year old can speak pretty fluent Arabic if given the chance too. (It is taught at school and she's now into her second year of speaking the language - she is now even learning to write in Arabic. It's a funny language as they don't really have an alphabet - it is based on sounds. Very clever really, but there is no way I can understand or even begin to learn how to read in Arabic. In'shallah.)

3 comments:

Em said...

Nice photo...LOL

Missy Boo said...

There are days when I wish I could sit around with friends and share around the shisha :(

Kiki said...

I haven't visited for quite some time now, I've missed your musings. My musings too.

Anyway, do you have any idea how excited I was to read that MissM is almost fluent in Arabic? That is so fantastic Melody, I am totally overjoyed. I know you tell me that I'm raising my girls in a special way but geez woman, you are streets (roads!!!) ahead of me.

Peace!