Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What Easter Build Up?

I can't believe it is Easter next weekend. Didn't we just celebrate Christmas?

I guess I can't believe it because over here in the UAE, there is no real 'build up' to Easter. There is no Easter School Holidays (we had 'Spring Break' a couple of weeks back), there are no Hot Cross Buns lining Supermarket shelves (except for some I found in Spinney's Supermarket last week, but are named 'Fruit Buns' with no obvious cross) and only now are shops bringing out the Chocie Egg stock, mostly imported from the UK with a few I have seen imported from Australia.  It is little things like all that, that I do miss from home.

But, Easter Bunny will always be found, wherever we might live.  Even here in Abu Dhabi.


(And if anyone could point me in the right direction for Homemade Hot Cross Buns recipe here on the net, which are easy could you let me know? Cheers in advance.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to taste.com.au and do a search for hot cross buns. YOu'll find recipes aplenty.

MANDI said...

I found a great one last Easter at the Destitute Gourmet blog. Easy and delish - just needed a tablespoon or two of sugar added to the recipe to sweeten them up a bit to our taste. If you want to see my take oke them click on the bread link in my tag cloud and that post is at the top. The link the the recipe is: http://destitutegourmet.blogspot.com/2010/03/ash-wednesday.html
Have fun!!