With both girls suffering from slight head colds, I did manage to send Monet to school for the day (hers has just about gone after a school absent day on Thursday). Lily, on the other hand, besides having a shite night's sleep did well today, still carrying on per normal bar a runny nose.
With my VIP leaving this week, I wanted to take her to the Heritage Village. We did go to visit the village the second day she was here but it was closed to the general public (it was Dish-Dash city). With time running out, I decided today I would take her there. I had taken my parents there in November last year and MrL's parents earlier on this year.
I love the view you get from the Village, as it sits out on a man-made section of land, directly opposite the Corniche, which is the main road that seperates the Gulf and the city.
There is a family of Ducks which call the Heritage Village home, today we spotted a new family addition. He/She was sooooo cute and Lily was quite taken with the little yellow duckling.
(All photos taken with my phone)
I'm pretty sure Kimbofo liked the village, bar the fact that it was pretty hot and sweaty out there today. Lovely, not!
I found on the internet a link last week that showed Abu Dhabi today, (as in 2011 today, not today as in May 1st). It is filmed in time lapse and I think it is fabulous. It shows you some of the history of the city and what it took to get to what the place looks like today. Take a look at my home city and enjoy.



1 comment:
Great bit of film!
Post a Comment