Sunday, May 29, 2011

Abu Dhabi Golf Course

Back in February this year, we had MrL's parents fly over for a couple of weeks. (Not only was it their first trip to Abu Dhabi, it was also their first overseas trip.)

Whilst they were here, they saw many new sights. So did I. I had never visited the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in person. I had seen many a picture, seen it on the telly, seen the top of the club house (from the busy road alongside the course) and driven past it hundreds of times, but I had never physically seen the whole building with my own eyes.

The club house is actually quite a famous structure and no wonder - look at it!


If that's not an impressive building to see coming up the 18th green, then you must be hard to impress.  It represents the falcon, which is known as a symbol of Abu Dhabi.

The golf course is not a 'sand' one (that's down the road) and is not short of a golf buggy or two.  (It would be hard slog walking the whole of the course in the warmer months.)


And if you're extra special, I'm pretty sure you can zoom around the course as a passenger in one of these buggies.


I wonder if those ones have air conditioning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the flash buggies , all very impressive indeed!..