Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I've Been Sewing Again

And this time I've sewed a skirt in white (patterned). As as a rule, I rarely wear white. The odd tee shirt or two, but I've never had a white skirt.

...Until I was pregnant with Lily and the only maternity gear I found that I liked, was a white skirt in Mothercare. Then last summer I bought a pair of linen three quarter pants, in white, which I have now thrown out, due to the large stain of Butter Chicken on the leg. (Don't ask!)...

So after making my other skirt a few weeks back, which was zipless, I felt inspired to sew another. A couple of mums at school pointed me in the direction of a little shop not that far away, which sells zips, buttons, cottons, wools, nick-nacks for sewing (everything bar the kitchen sink and sewing patterns! boo!). I was most pleased that he had an assortment of zip colours, in the right size and cost a whole One Dirham each (todays market, currently about 25 aussie cents!)

So yesterday I set about making another skirt - another patternless one, but this time with a zip, which I did a very dodgy job of putting in (I can't remember how to do it!). But the zip works and it does the job it is meant to do. And you can't really see it, which is a bonus.

So here is the grand unveiling....


And of course I just had to model it for all you biglittlesister fans out there. Lol.



Ooo I can't wait to make another. =)

(And I really ought to buy a full-length stand alone mirror, don'tchathink?)

4 comments:

kurrabikid said...

Well done!! I wish I had enough sewing skills to handle a hem let alone a whole skirt. But sadly I do not...

Anonymous said...

very nice skirt easy as now more to come heh!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

BRILLIANT, my dear....! And SOOOO Very pretty! I couldn't make a skirt to save my life...! (Well, maybe to save my life---but....lol)
You Did GREAT, Melody!

So Now What? said...

That's bloody gorgeous! Wish I could sew. Never got that gene unfortunately. xxx