| I asked Grandma for permission to post this pic. =) |
This week at her school is 'Book Week' - a week dedicated to all things bookish.
First thing first, was a Poster Competition (or book review or short story competition) which was handed into school on Sunday (the first day of the working week over here). Of course Monet insisted on Junie B. Jones and why not? We've worked on it for a couple of weeks at home. I had drawn the outline of 'Junie B' but the rest of the work belongs to Monet herself. Oh, and I helped do the border but that's it. She did a beaut job if you ask me!
The last day of the working week here, Thursday, today, was dress up as your favourite book character. Gee, I wonder who Monet went as....you get one guess.
School was a hive of activity this morning and I'm a bit mad at myself not having brought my camera to school. There were Princess', knights, Thing 1 and a Thing 2, plently of Cat in the Hats, Where's Wally?, animals of all shapes and sizes, Pippy Longstocking, a Wimpy Kid and that's just scraping the surface...
Ahh, book week, what a fabulous thing for kids to be involved in. Agreed?


5 comments:
I think it is fantastic! I LOVE that there is the emphasis on Books and creating Art Projects for them. This kind of thing really sets a child up for the rest of their life, don't you think? I say BRAVO to the school!
Looks like great fun.
Absolutely! We all need to be able to escape to a book from time to time....
Absolutely! We all need to be able to escape to a book from time to time....
Good thing I bought that book!........
Post a Comment