Saturday, May 21, 2011

Name Up In Lights? Not quite, but close.

Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, might remember this shot, taken in April of 2008, when we visited London...



Yep, Monet's name - B I G   P R I N T. I remember how thrilled the three of us were when we spotted it, right where we were to meet my sister after she finished work.

I never did get Monet to stand underneath 'Rue Monet' in Giverny in France when we visited that month (damn! Must go back to do that!), but I did get to take her photo in her namesake's garden.  A special memory for (at least) me.

Monet standing on 'The' bridge, made famous by Claude Monet, in his Japanese  Themed Garden
So last week, when visiting Mall of the Emirates in Dubai, I suggested Monet stand next to the 'Monet & Co' store sign.  How could we not?  With a bit of cropping, here's the photo...


No, we didn't buy any jewellery or a handbag. Before time, I'm pretty much guessing that we will, for name's sake. ;P

(Gee this girl get's around, these three photos in this post are taken in London, Paris and Dubai! Lol!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Monet you are famous! And everywhere so it seems.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look how much she has grown up in such a short time.

kimbofo said...

There's even a TV show with Monet in the title

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0117kt8