The first time MrL and I headed to London (together) my dad had given me $200aud to shout us both, plus Kimbofo and T to dinner. As neither of us had really had a proper Indian meal before, K and T took us to their local Indian restaurant around the corner from their abode. It was a meal we never forgot.
Look at us babies, taken 11 years ago in 2000, enjoying our meal (washed down with some beers of course!)
Eleven years onward, we still talk about that meal.
I imagine in another 11 years time we will still be talking about the Indian we have here, in Abu Dhabi. Oh yes, this place is awash with Indian Takeout places and Restaurants. We've tried quite a few of them. But we always seem to go back to the one we find to be our favourite for Takeout. It is called 'Tandoori Corner' and it's address is something like 2nd Street, in between 13th and 15th, next to some (crap) supermarket. (Trust me, this is a pretty typical Abu Dhabi address - click on the 'Where' on the bottom of this post and it should show you 'where' the Tandoor Corner is). The thing is, the restaurant isn't really on a corner (!) but is located under these gorgeous (ahem!) apartment blocks....
We adore the Garlic Naan bread and their version of Butter Chicken. Big statement, but I think their Butter Chicken is the best I've tasted in Adu Dhabi! We tend to order four different dishes, which is enough for the two of us over two nights and the total cost is like $30aud. You can't beat that for value. =P
So, what is your favourite cuisine then?

2 comments:
Mine is Indian too. I can't resist a good tandoori chicken. And anything with loads of corainder. We live relatively close to a fab Indian place called Faheem's here in Sydney. You can tell it's pretty good by the number of Indian people who eat there.
I too love Indian. The first Indian I ever had was in the UK too - they had chips on the menu as well. A Lamb Korma and chips is a good combination!
We now have an Indian place about 100 metres from home and if the wind is blowing in the right direction we can smell it from our back door. Yum!
Post a Comment