Friday, June 03, 2011

All In Her Strides (denim ones at that.)

You know those moments when you think to yourself, "gee I'm glad I did that!" (few and far between for me) but I heard myself muttering that the other day.  I had saved quite a lot of Monet's old clothes; ones that weren't stained or torn or faded and it is only now that Miss Lily can start to wear these clothes.

I started keeping Monet's clothes from about a Size 2, so was chuffed to find this little yellow number tucked away in a big plastic case and have it fit :-


It looks just as gorgeous on Lily as it did on Monet.

So after Monet finished school we decided to get Lily to try on some of the numbers which will get worn on our upcoming holiday.  We hadn't giggled so much in ages - it is very strange seeing your baby in jeans for the first time!  And when Monet changed into jeans too, oh man, I could have been back in Melbourne!

It was 42 degrees behind that front door!

Cute eh?  It's like reliving Monet's toddler-hood! *heehee*

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

They are both so adorable---I just cannot get over how grown-up Monet is....I think she was close to Lily's age when I first started reading your blog--maybe a tiny bit older...!
And isn't that wonderful that you saved these darling things and that they not only fit, but, look so great on Lily....This absolutely must be deja vu, for you Melody....!

kurrabikid said...

Sooooooo cute!! I'm loving the trend for 'boyfriend' jeans - good excuse to put Baby T in her brother's size old size 1/2 jeans. ;)

MANDI said...

Miss Lily just gets cuter and cuter! Love these photos of her in her jeans.