I promised Monet something a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if it makes me stoopid or trying to earn a Mother of the Year nomination. I have promised her that, over the course of the summer holidays, I will teach her to cook. Well, guess what? Summer holidays are here. So now I have to put what I said into action. She used to always 'help' me bake, back in our Cairns days but since then, nah, not so much.
Official day one of the holidays I got Monet to make some Banana Bread, with my guidance. (We used this recipe.) She helped me measure out the ingredients, sifted the flours, did the old egg-cracking, mashed the bananas, mixed everything together, helped pour it into the tin....
The result was yummy! It was especially delicious fresh out of the oven and smothered in butter.
Tonight, Little Miss Monet will be cooking our evening meal for the family. We have collected all the ingredients for a basic Vegetable Lasagna (her request), from a recipe we found in a Women's Weekly Kid's cookbook. That'll be interesting, considering her father isn't a big lasagna fan. I hope he grins and bares it....

6 comments:
How fun! Let us know how the dinner goes.
That's so good to see Monet in the kitchen makes it a fun thing to do,keep it up .I love to see helpers...
Hahahah - I love the 'tatt disclaimer!
That's great! Kids love to cook.
They don't like to clean up so much though. ;)
I love it! Go Monet!!
Excellent job, Monet. Hope you have fabulous chool holidays :)
Post a Comment