Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beige

Beige is the colour of the sky constantly when it is humid here in Abu Dhabi.


We have days of endless beige.  It seems that the days of constant blue skies have disappeared....for a coating of beige.  That's how you can notice that it is humid.  We had 89% humidity here today.  Not exactly pleasant, not exactly comfortable, but I am used to it.  You except it when you're faced with it every day.

In Cairns, where it is also very humid during the summer/dry months, you don't have days of beige, you have days of greys.  I remember those grey skies well.  They do get depressing after a while, but then Mother Nature would surprise you with a beautiful blue day, even though it might still be humid.

Just an observation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's grey day's and wet very, very wet.!!

Carly said...

Well as I sit here freezing in Melbourne I am reading your blog and looking forward to the 'beige' sky next week. I fly back in on Saturday for 6 days. I will be relaxing and shopping on Saturday (trying not to sleep to avoid jet lag)but working every other day. So if you are in Dubai Saturday please message me for a catch-up. However we can probably do it next time if you are busy as we will be over for a 'lot' longer we have made that big decision!

Melody said...

Awesome Carly!!

kimbofo said...

You should trying living in London. It's grey skies almost every day! ;-)