Monday, June 27, 2011

Get an 'Eiffel' of these Skirts....

I was a bit busy last week to do a lot of sewing but I did manage to make two. *phew* hey?

The first one I made was with fabric from my local IKEA (of course) and I was quite happy with the outcome.  I'm going to make a couple of skirts in this fabric in a couple of different sizes.  Nice too for me to be wearing a different coloured tshirt rather than black (it's grey).  I hope too, that you like my baby model whilst I took a photo of my bee hind. ;P


During the week I had an idea of jazzing up plain skirts, after me trying with this skirt last week.  I got my hands on some different black fabric from a little seller in Abu Dhabi, the same guy I purchase my zips from.  It's a heavier but comfortable black fabric, though I had to buy the stuff by the yard (soooo old school).

Back at home I made a quick template of the Eiffel Tower, copying a photo I had taken of the tower back in 2000.  I dug out some red fabric and cut out, then sewed on the 'tower' via a small zig-zag stitch onto the black skirt....


I have more ideas flowing around in my brain in regards to cutting out shapes, adding stuff etc., so I hope that they turn out as well as I imagine in my head.  Lol.  Today I wore this skirt with a white with thin black horizontal striped t.  I felt very 'french'.  Ooo la la. 


Stay tuned for more, but only of course if they're successful outcomes.

5 comments:

Star said...

You are quite the seamstress. I love the free- stitch tower. You are quite the punster too !

Anonymous said...

They are looking good.

Stomper Girl said...

Love the blog title AND the skirt. Tres chic.

kate said...

looking great meloday!! i'm loving all of these skirts.

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Gorgeous! I am seriously so impressed with all your skirts (and that you're managing to make them with two little ones!).