Monday, June 13, 2011

Rejuvenate

Many years ago, about 9 years ago to be precise, I bought a tee shirt I loved to death. Literally. I have posted about it before, which you can read about HERE. My Shem tee-shirt. A Melbourne designer, located in Chapel Street.  Anyway, after many years, wears and washes, she was looking a little...haggard I guess is the word.  But I couldn't part with that tee.  Nup.  It's the oldest single piece of clothing in my wardrobe.  Which never gets worn.  And sits there looking all sad with it's ripped and holey collar and not the colour it originally was.

Until now.

I had a sudden brain wave the other day, of a need to rejuvenate that tee.  I visited my local H&M store, tried on like a zillion white tee shirts of about a dozen different sizes (how can one store have such a difference in clothing sizes is beyond me!) but I finally found a comfortable, fitting, not see-through white tee.

Back at home I set about cutting out the figure on my old stained, holey tee....


And there she is, the Queen-like silhouette on my dining table.   And the back end of the original tee which reads 'Let God Save Her'....


I placed the silhouette on the new tee, ready to be sewed on.  I set my sewing machine on a 'tight' zig-zag and sewed around the outskirts of the face...


...to get to the final result.  One I am rapt with.


My rejuvenated favourite tee shirt, which I wore with pride today. =)

6 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

A very appropriate activity for the Queen's Birthday long weekend...not that it would be that where you are!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Nicely done! Now you'll get to enjoy it for at least another nine years...

kurrabikid said...

IMPRESSED!

MANDI said...

You clever thing! Looks fab, well done.

Imaginography said...

Good for you! Just like the real Queen, your T-Shirt one is still going strong! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You did GREAT!!! How clever of you to save those images and then sew them on to a new T-Shirt! You are so adept with that Sewing Machine, Melody! BRAVA!!!!