Monday, June 20, 2011

Same-Same But Different

I sewed a simple black skirt last week and when I wore I felt like I should be going to work at Myers.  It felt kinda wrong.

So *ding ding* went something in my brain...  I dug out some material I had previously used to make a skirt, cut out a couple little birdies, set my sewing machine to tight zig-zag and off I went.



Not sure if I pulled it off or not but I have to say, I will feel a lot more comfortable wearing the same skirt with the birds on it than them not being on it.  The only thing about sewing something on a plain skirt is that it limits the tops you can wear.  Sure you can wear a plain coloured top but definitely not something patterned.  In my opinion anyway.

I have now made myself a pattern (*about time*), cut out of calico.  As I have made a few skirts for a couple of other women now and both women are of similar sizing, so I have made a pattern in the size of my friends.  I'm pretty sure I can cut out a size in between the two I have now so I can get my little skirt business organised a little better.  I have a few ideas in my head that will pan out in the next couple of months with a bit of luck.

Watch this space.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a great plan, and the skirt looks great with those sweet Birds! You have become quite the seamstress, my dear. BRAVA!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

What a great idea! I love your bird appliques on the skirt.

Anonymous said...

I rather like it with the birds as I'm a bird lover & have started a bird collection [ ceramic ones ] have enough live ones outside.!!