We're into our third week of summer school holidays here and in all honesty, we haven't done much. MrL is on, what I call 'Stoopid Hours' (3am till 1pmish), due to the Summer rules they imply over here and last week his car was at the Car Doctors, so he had my car.
Monet has been great, filling in the days by doing art work, playing and drawing and reading with her younger sister. Lily thinks it is fantastic having Monet at home every day! So do I. Well, most of the time.
As a special treat, (and me having my own wheels back this week), I took the girls to Krispy Kreme Donuts yesterday down in the city. Ooo is there anything much better than those donuts, nice and fresh from the oven and iced? Me thought not yesterday....along with two little girls.
It was Lily's first experience of those donuts and by the way she hoed into it, I'm pretty positive that she enjoyed ever last crumb. She had Monet and I smiling at each other as she gobbled it up.
Somehow I think I won't be able to pass that store without Lily wanting more... Oh! What have I done?
2 comments:
This could be a big mistake me thinks!........
Oh we love Krispy Kreme, you know their home-base and where they were invented is only about 20 minutes away in Winston-Salem, NC. Ben LOVED them as a baby. After he tasted his 1st one, he stood up for the 1st time (sugar power I suppose)
Post a Comment