I can't choose a favourite city - I enjoyed both for very different reasons. Because we went in the height of the summer holidays, I can tell you that the crowds in Barcelona was a bit much and I imagine if it wasn't for every man and his dog being there I probably would have loved it more than what I did. (Don't get me wrong, LOVED Barcelona, just not a fan of the crowds.)
I was very happy with my (new) camera - it did the job for me. Here are some examples of what we saw and what we did.
![]() |
| At a small shopping centre in Berlin |
![]() |
| The famous Brandenburg Gate in Berlin |
| Part of the remains of the Berlin Wall. The SS Headquarters were behind this section. |
| East Side Gallery in Berlin. |
| At a Barcelona Fresh Food Market. |
| A square in Barcelona |
![]() |
| The awesome Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's final masterpiece. |
| Gaudi's La Pedrera |
| At a Park, designed by Gaudi, that over looks the whole of Barcelona |
Stay tuned for our adventures....



8 comments:
Great shots! And how amazing does all that *jamon* look? Hope you had your fair share while you were over there. Yum!
Great photos how fantastic to be there and see it first hand .......dreams can come true. oh....
Both cities look great. And both are on my Bucket list. Love your pics - the new camera has earned its keep!
Any particular reason why you combined those two cities? Just interested.
GREAT GREAT Pictures, my dear...! WHAT KIND OF CAMERA DID YOU GET? FABULOUS, FABULOUS!
Love the Panoramic feeling of the pictures...!
I know I could never go to Berlin. There is just too much History connected to loss of family, for me. Seeing the remains of The Wall with the SS Headquarters behind it, gave me a chill.....
BARCELONA....That is a different story. LOVE all the Gaudi buildings and ART....! I look forward to seeing more, Melody....!
Gorgeous pics (feeling a bit of camera envy from here!). Can't wait to hear and see more of your adventures.
Glad you had a good time. The pictures are great. Were you happy with the camera? I need to update mine, so would be keen to hear whether your model is worth buying.
PS> What is that sculpture in the coffee shop? It looks like crushed cars.
The camera I bought was another point and shoot; yet another Sony. Another Cyber-shot (16.2 megapixels, DSC-WX10), after my previous camera, also a Sony, but it was a DSC-T700 which was good, but not as great as this newie. Very happy with most of my photos I took. I love the panorama function too.
Oh yes, and I am pretty sure that sculpture in the first pic is of crushed cars. It looked fabulous with all the multi-coloured lounge suites.
Post a Comment