We discovered quite a few 'cool' shopping areas of Berlin. The guy, who we met to pick up our keys at our apartment, suggested an area just north of the Spree River which was full of little indie shops in small little streets. When we found the area, it was getting on in time, we were all a little tired from all the walking, and I think we were a little over whelmed by our discovery of finding an array of stores we had been keen to look in.
MrL, Monet and myself all walked out of the area with a new pair of Birkenstocks each - paying less than half if we had bought them in Abu Dhabi. Monet had earned hers very much so and they never left her feet from that day (and still haven't, two weeks on).
On our final full day in Berlin, before we headed off to Barcelona, we caught one of those hop on/hop off buses. For us, those buses are more like, hop on/stay on till you do the full loop. It didn't help that it was wet and rainy on that final day, but we did manage to get off and visit a store I had previously read about, KaDeWe. It is known as the capitals equivalent to London's Harrods. I thought it was better than Harrods...
Our first floor stop was the top floor, which housed the Gourmet Section. Oh we ohhed and ahhed over the displays and the little eateries housed in there.
Monet's eyes just about popped out of her head when she noticed the 'sweetie section' and promptly chose a lolly pop for both her and her sister. Truth be told, neither of my girls have indulged in their 'pop' due to them forgetting. (I have them tucked away!)
Of course MrL and I quite enjoyed the beer section. If given half a chance, we probably would have liked to purchase one of each...
We gave our legs a break by stopping into the little bar in the Gourmet section and sipped a cool pilsner whilst the two girls munched away happily on cheese topped rolls. No one looks at you twice when you have a beer in Germany, at any time of the day - it is just the done thing. Love that.
Down on the lower floors, Monet couldn't believe this section dedicated to Dogs. Spoilt pooches more like it... (yes, this was all poochie stuff!)
The toy section was pretty cool. I love me a cute cuddly toy...
I recommend visiting there if you do happen to visit Berlin. I'm glad we did.

2 comments:
Wow - retail heaven indeed! That beer selection looks amazing...
I too would have liked shopping there, any shop would do me.........
Post a Comment