Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Kiss From A Stranger... ;-)

Every day when we set out on our walking adventure in Barcelona, somehow we'd always find ourselves at Placa Reial, a square in the Barri Gotic area, just off La Rambla.  Surrounded by a yellow and white building (probably apartments), a scattering of palm trees and a fountain, it was nothing too special.  Under each archway however, were restaurants so it was always nice to sit down and have a drink and 'people watch', one of my favourite hobbies...



The lamp post is a Gaudi creation!
It was here, on our second day exploring the city, where we sat down for a cool beverage.  Miss Lily was getting a little restless in her stroller and to keep her happy we gave her a 'Pop Pop' (ie Pop Pop = bribery).  She looks cute eh?


Well, we weren't the only ones who thought so.  As she was sitting there, posing and being her usual amusing self, a little Spanish boy walking with his father, about Lily's age, wandered up to her, stroked her face, smiled at her and then planted a big kiss on her forehead.  It was gorgeous!  And didn't Lily get a big ribbing from the three of us?  She had a massive grin on her face, that lasted for about a minute until she got cut with us saying "ooo Lily's got a boyfriend"...


I'm sure if you've ever been to Barcelona or you are planning on visiting the city, you too will find yourself seated and enjoying a beverage or two.  I wonder if you'll have a kiss planted on your forehead too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that was very nice of the little boy, a friendly kiss to say welcome to Barcelona!..

Ms Mac said...

Now, if I go to Barcelona (and you've persuaded me I MUST) I'll be disappointed if I don't get a kiss from a Spanish stranger.

kimbofo said...

I don't blame that little boy — Lily is pretty adorable! — and if you see a chance, you've got to take it :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Perfectly Charming! I love that the little boy planted a kiss on Miss Lily! A very sweet gesture, I must say...
I love people watching too, Melody...Especially in a place that is unfamiliar...!

Tamsyn said...

Oh that must have been the most adorable moment ever!