Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Lego Built Berlin

When In the German capital, if you feel the need to feel 'ripped off' *ahem*, I suggest you head to the Legoland Discovery Center located just off Potsdamer Platz in the Sony Center.

The Sony Centre - the architecture was amazing
After passing over an arm and a leg, we entered the display via lift, due to having the stroller. It was a 'basement' exhibition, full of a couple of ordinary children rides, big Lego blocks for the kiddies to use, a handful of construction tables, a small cafeteria, a 4D theatre showing something-a-rather, a hundred German children, but the best part was the 'Mini Berlin' they had on display. We felt that the arm and leg we had passed over at the paying counter were partly paid off.

It was pretty awesome...

A Rock Concert on the grounds in front of the Reichstag. (parliament)

The Brandenburg Gate, complete with the Berlin Wall - which electronically opened...

Checkpoint Charlie - I personally loved this.

Checkpoint Charlie

We enjoyed the 'Mini Berlin' but the rest of the Centre was pretty ordinary.  Monet thought it was 'good' and Lily was asleep the whole time....


However, it did get Monet to show interest in Lego and she was fortunate enough to have a father who is a sucker for the blocks himself, so she gained a box of 'girly' Lego a day or two later as a reward for the kilometres and kilometres she walked (without much complaint) over the days spent pounding the pavement in Berlin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - pink Lego??!!! How cool!

Loving all your Berlin posts. I was in Germany years ago but missed Berlin and am now regretting it - and wondering when I can make a trip back there.

Anonymous said...

So happy that Monet saw all that Lego....

At least Lily can see the pics . Sleep comes first sometimes......
You have seen heaps in a week by the look of it which is great.

kurrabikid said...

How funny that there could be such a thing as 'girly Lego'!!?!! Isn't all Lego for girls?

kimbofo said...

I think it's weird there is 'girly Lego' too — never had it in our day!

The mini Berlin is uber cool ;-)

You would LOVE the original Legoland in Denmark. You get mini EVERYTHING. I wonder what I did with my photographs — I think it was in pre-digital days.

Anonymous said...

UUUgh, STUFF is me! Why does it do that on your blog ??

Imaginography said...

Just been looking back over your Germany posts and it sounds like you had a fantastic time! Love the little Lego Berlin but I especially like the photo you took of the Sony Centre. Amazing! :)