I gave myself a day off from sewing today, but I wonder how long this will last... *heehee* I have had a rather unusual and busy week this week, which is always good, as the 'norm' can get repetitive, can't it?
I had my first 'Skirt showing/sales Party' yesterday. My awesome buddy Nat, who works at an Embassy here in Abu Dhabi organised a gathering of female co-workers and invited me to bring in my skirts, so they too, could purchase skirts, like Nat does, off me. (She was one of my first customers and owns four or five now...) With all my skirts placed lovingly into two suitcases my assistant (let's call her Lily) and I drove into the Embassy for our 9:30am gathering.
So whilst my assistant Lily sat QUIETLY. ON. THE. COUCH. FOR. OVER. AN. HOUR. I chatted to 'clients' and helped them with sizing etc., A successful hour it was, with 14 sales and eight orders of skirts. Not bad eh?
I really think I have stumbled across this 'skirt party' idea, as the majority of women like a decent length skirt but they are so hard to come by in this current trend and can't find any that are within budget, size and a bit out of the norm. I had a lot of positive feedback from the women there, which was really encouraging. My mate Nat, gets to chose a 'freebie' skirt in her size for organising the little shin-dig, but she's yet to choose. She may be waiting for me to finish up on the 'Scooter' skirt...
4 comments:
It sounds like your business is thriving, my dear! I'm soi very happy for you, Melody...! (And your Assistant sounds incredibly helpful, too--Lucky You....lol)
i am loving that your little business is booming!! keep up the great work and next time your in aussie i expect to get to buy some too!!
That's so exciting! Congratulations on your skirt business. I'm loving all your skirts I've seen so far!
I am so, so, so excited for you!! Can't wait to see how the scooter skirt turns out :)
Post a Comment