Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Still Sewin'...

With my babysitter  (kidding!) Monet back at school, Lily and I are trying to get ourselves a new routine.  Sewing, in the last few days, hasn't happened as much as I'd like, as I've been busy catching up on 'stuff'.  But when I do find a spare moment I can be found in my little 'sweat shop' off our living area.  

The skirts I have made over the past week, I just love.  And it seems like I have quite a few fans and some new buyers out there too which is encouraging.  


I was a little unsure with the orange number, but after seeing that orange is actually 'in', I boldly wore it yesterday.  I didn't actually feel as bright as I thought I would.


Below is a pic of me wearing it, but I didn't wear with a blue top - I opted for black (typically...)


Today I made some more of 'A touch of Orange' skirts. I think it could be a new favourite.  (And I have already sold one of these ones!)


My aim for all my skirt sales was to purchase something special.  Of course I kept changing my mind.  We've been after some particular furniture pieces and when we spied on the noticeboard in our local supermarket, someone selling a side table, in a very similar stain to our dining table, I rang up, went around, purchased.  I quite love it.  (And quite proud that I paid for it with money I personally earned - it's been a while!)


But my main recent purchase, using cash from the biglittlesister skirts project, was this;  An iPad (with some help from MrL).


Sweet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful......

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh, you're going to *love* that iPad! Mine is the most used item in the house!

Loving all your skirts.

Missy Boo said...

Go you and your gorgeous skirts! And look at your awesome purchases *iPad envy*

Tamsyn said...

That is so exciting! Enjoy your iPad, my husband got one recently and I steal it off him at every opportunity!