Saturday, October 08, 2011

Out of the Car Window

It's funny these days with phone cameras - you can usually take photos of anything and everything you can see these days. Take me at the petrol station last week. I was waiting in line behind this car...


I know it gets hot out here in the desert but I think that having zero windows on the left hand side in your car is taking the 'wind in your hair' experience just a step further.  And check out the blue fan they had hooked up in the back seat.

You can probably tell by the next photo why the car above had hooked up such a gizmo when one does not have air conditioning...


School pick up time.  We leave here at 2:30pm each week day to collect Monet.  My car though, does sit in the midday sun so usually when I get in and get going, the temperature does drop to about 40 or so.  Winter is definitely on it's way.

Driving into town the other day I noticed my favourite car, a couple of cars from me.  My dream car.  And yes, I can have expensive tastes, especially when it is a 4-door Porsche Panamera.  They're very common in this little section of the world, but they don't stop me drooling (and dreaming).  That's it there, the white car in the middle.  There is an Emirati in this compound I live in who has one.  I'm tempted to one day, knock on his door and ask if I can have a seat inside.  Lol.


Oh the things you see out your car window.

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I lOVE your Header picture Melody---I loved the other one, too, but one can see the growth of these two beautiful children, when you change it!

That is quite a Car you covet...lol....I hope you do knock on that person's door so you can get a look inside and maybe even a spin around the block!