Thursday, October 27, 2011

Very Impressive

As I type this I have two VIPs sitting in the terminal lounge of Melbourne International Airport awaiting to board their flight to us in Abu Dhabi (and also onto the UK).

Considering it was one of the VIPs birthdays a few weeks back, I have used it as an excuse to make one of my favourite sweet tooth indulgences.



My Pavlova is currently baking in the oven.

Monet suggested having a cake of some sort too, so I figured I would make some cupcakes using the easy peasy Nigella Lawson recipe I just love.  I've cut off the tips of the cakes, waiting for me to ice later on this evening...


The girls and I are off to Monet's school's annual 'Fall Festival' this evening.  Basically it is a Halloween celebration and the kids always have a blast.  Each family is requested to bring in a dish and each grade is allocated to bring in something Savoury or Sweet for dinner, which does not contain alcohol (bummer) or pork product (double bummer).  This year I've opted to making mini pizzas - simple pizza base has been made and patted out and cut into circles, which I will later on slap on some pizza sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.


I'm pretty sure my VIPs will be requesting my pizzas in the coming week.

1 comment:

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Yum! This all looks so good!
x Katherine